Want to help serve the Cups community?
To join our team and make every customer feel welcome, fill out the application at the bottom of this page.
Before that, here’s what you can expect when you work with Cups:
Barista Job Description
- Greet all customers as they enter with a friendly smile.
- Provide friendly, efficient and personal service to each customer.
- Accurately process transactions in the POS system.
- Create a rapport with customers by learning their names and favorite drinks.
- Educate customers on all of our products.
- Strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Stay informed of new coffee and products.
- Cup and taste coffee regularly to maintain familiarity with product and quality standards.
- Communicate honestly with team members and management to solve problems and improve service.
- Support a positive work environment.
- Help foster the community atmosphere within the cafe
- Other duties as assigned.
- Stand and walk—you’ll be on your feet most if not all of your time at work
- Perform repetitive motion with the hands, wrists and forearms to operate coffee and espresso equipment
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive the smell of coffee
- Talk/Hear – constantly communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds sometimes
- Work is performed at a friendly, sometimes noisy, always awesome cafe